How Do I Know If I Need Foundation Repair?
Foundation repair is probably not something you think about on a daily basis. However, catching foundation problems sooner rather than later can save you lots of time and money, so it’s good to always keep an eye out for the warning signs. How do you know what to look for? Below is a list of the most common red flags that signal the need for foundation repair:
- Diagonal or horizontal cracks in the foundation
- Cracks in the walls, especially stemming from windows and doorways
- Cracks in the floor or ceiling
- Sagging, sloping, or uneven floors
- Windows and doors that stick when you try to open or close them
- Gaps around window frames or exterior doors
- Gaps between crown molding and the ceiling
- A damp crawlspace
- Counters and cabinets separating from the wall
- Unusual creases or wrinkles in wallpaper
- Basement walls that are bowing
- Foundation upheaval (the opposite of settling)
If you have noticed any of the above warning signs in a building that you own or manage, it’s best to contact a foundation repair company as soon as possible so it can conduct a professional inspection. While sometimes such red flags are false alarms, other times they signal serious problems that, if left unaddressed, can significantly impact the building’s structural integrity and perhaps result in injury or costly repairs.
Partner with Engineered Solutions
The geotechnical experts at Engineered Solutions of Georgia have provided foundation repair services both big and small across a number of industries throughout the southeastern United States. Our highly experienced team of geotechnical and structural engineers is qualified to perform a wide range of foundation repair services, from injection grouting and mudjacking to foundation piering and underpinning. Contact us today to learn more.